The multi-award winning VIBE Hotel Canberra is DESIGN Canberra’s exclusive accommodation partner. Inspired by the geometry of Walter Burley Griffin’s plan for Canberra, architect Philiip Vivian of Bates Smart combines circular and axial geometries into a stunning and unique form.
The interior finishes are rich and tailored, inspired by the golden age of air travel of the 1960s and 70s.
Vibe hotel, part of the TFE group, will host DESIGN Canberra’s many international and interstate guests, and key festival events including the opening reception for the inaugural national design writing conference Object Subject, a masterclass with Yellowtrace founder Dana Tomic Hughes and a specially curated exhibition of contemporary craft and design.
To date, VIBE hotel has won awards including:
- Property Council of Australia, Innovation & Excellence Awards, Brain & Poulter Award for Best Tourism & Leisure Development, Winner 2017
- AIA (National) Architecture Award, The Emil Sodersten Award for Interior Architecture Winner 2016
- AIA (ACT) Commercial Architecture Award Winner 2016
- AIA (ACT) Interior Architecture Award Winner 2016
- AIA (ACT) Light in Architecture Prize Award Winner 2016
- Master Builders and Cbus Excellence in Building Awards, Project of the Year Winner 2016
- Traveller, The 60 Best Travel Finds of 2015: Best New Hotel Design
Vibe Hotel Canberra is the official accommodation partner of DESIGN Canberra. Participants of the Object/Subject Conference can access a discounted accommodation rate* for the duration of the conference (9-12 November 2017). Click here to book (login: TH9104663).
*Accommodation rates are subject to availability.
For any further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org