Exploring the way design speaks to us, and the way we speak about design, the inaugural national design writing conference will be held at Roy Grounds’ iconic 1959 Shine Dome as a signature DESIGN Canberra event. For the first time, designers, writers, critics, bloggers, researchers, collectors, makers, curators and design lovers will come together to explore the creative and important ways that writing has become essential to the future of design.
- Alice Rawsthorn: Design Rewritten
- Dana Tomic Hughes: Design Meets Digital Media, A New Way of Storytelling
- Design for social inclusion: makers making a difference
- Object narratives: storytelling as a tool used by designers in the design process
- Designing Responsibilities: How media and design writers can support and promote original design
- Where do we go from here? Vision and wisdom projects in design and design writing
Object Subject is realised with the support of Copyright Agency Cultural Fund and British Council.