ACU Re-birth Project by Koitoya ~Using campus tree for furniture~
Hiroshi Yamaguchi will be exhibiting a unique furniture project commissioned by the Australian Catholic University.
This project is focusing on using campus trees which had to be cut down to may way for the new campus building in 2016.
3 main items will be able to be seen that were made for the newly built ACU Vertas building.
Hiroshi will exhibit small craft items, too.
- Boardroom table
- Wall hanging cross
Book your tour
A 30 to 45 small group tour will be conducted with a short talk by Hiroshi and Koitoya staff members.
Local collaboratiors on this project include:
- Dan Lorrimer – Metal works
- Elizabeth Kelly – Glass works
- Ben Laffan – Wood works
- UCI – Soft wiring
- Gordon Smith – Timber milling
- We send our huge appreciation to Gordon Smith, who mills and makes use of local Canberra street trees.
COVID 19 measures will include:
- Hand sanitizing before entry
- Obtaining contact details through Eventbrite
- Each tour group will be limited to a maximum oif 10 people