This is suburbia - photography Instameet
Join local photographer Davey Barber (5 Foot Photography) and Instagramers Canberra on a suburban instameet around the new community of Taylor. Photos can be submitted to the DESIGN Canberra Instagram Photography Competition, which is seeking new photography responding to Canberra’s unique suburban design identity.
From the time of Walter and Marion Griffin’s visionary design a century ago, to iconic experimental modernist architecture of the 1950s and 60s, through to contemporary and sustainable design developments today, Canberra has been – and will always be – a living design laboratory.
The new community of Taylor presents an innovative case study in contemporary urban design with a mix of low and medium density housing options, reminiscent of a traditional Canberra suburb, reimagined in a smart, sustainable way.
Please meet at the Taylor Adventure Playground.
DESIGN Canberra is taking precautionary approaches to managing the spread of COVID-19, which is in line with the latest national and local health advice.
• To attend this event bookings are essential and a limited number of 20 spots are available. There will be a waiting list if you miss out.
• Please maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres.
• Please provide your name, email and mobile phone number
• A plea to everybody, if you are feeling at all unwell or displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19, please do not register and have a COVID test
• You are encouraged to download the COVID App if you haven’t done so
Find out more about the photography competition here.
Presented as part of the annual DESIGN Canberra festival (9-29 November, 2020) which celebrates and promotes Canberra as a global city of design. A Craft ACT: Craft + Design Centre initiative.