Do you love craft, design, art and architecture or just helping out your community?
We are seeking expressions of interest from motivated volunteers to help our small dedicated team with delivering DESIGN Canberra 2020. The festival will run from 9 – 29 November.
Volunteering for DESIGN Canberra is a great way to see exhibitions and events come together, meet people and get involved in the local Canberra craft and design community. DESIGN Canberra welcomes volunteers of all backgrounds and abilities. There are a range of different projects, offering different hours and flexibility to fit around work and life commitments.
There are a range of roles for volunteers including:
- Visitor services – greeting audiences, providing information on the festival and COVID-safe processes
- Event assistance – bump in and bump out of festival events, ushering, surveys and evaluation
- Marketing assistance – promotion
- Exhibition install/de-install
The roles are flexible – weekdays or weekends, days and nights, one-off or regular. No experience is necessary – just a positive attitude and an interest in being a part of Canberra’s fastest growing festival.
All DESIGN Canberra volunteers who contribute to at least 4 hours of service will receive:
- A DESIGN Canberra tote bag or t-shirt
- Hands on experience and behind the scenes insights into exhibitions and festivals
- A certificate of participation to support future job applications
- The warm inner glow of supporting your local design community
If you have any questions, please contact Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org
DESIGN Canberra is the major outreach activity for Craft ACT: Craft + Design Centre — a not-for-profit membership-based organisation which supports local artists, designers and makers at every stage of their careers. The festival is delivered in collaboration with industry, associations and educational institutions committed to the design arts and creative industries in Canberra.
Being COVID safe
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers and audiences is our top priority. If you are volunteering for the festival we ask you to please stay home if any of the following applies to you:
- You have had a COVID-19 test and are waiting on results
- You have had contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- You are unwell or experiencing any symptoms of a cold or flu, even if it is just a little sniffle
- You have visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days
- You are immunocompromised