Do you love craft, design, architecture, events management or just want to help out your community?
We are seeking expressions of interest for volunteers to join our small dedicated team, delivering DESIGN Canberra 2018.
Volunteering for DESIGN Canberra is a great way to see exhibitions and events come together, meet people and get involved in the local Canberra craft and design community. It is a great environment to learn new skills and build your resume. DESIGN Canberra welcomes volunteers of all backgrounds and abilities. There are a range of different projects, offering different hours and flexibility to fit in around work and life commitments.
Roles for volunteers include:
- Exhibitions – assist with mounting and de-mounting exhibitions, gallery attendant, artist liaison
- Visitor services – greeting audiences, providing information on the festival
- Event assistance – bump in and bump out of festival events, ushering, surveys and evaluation
- Marketing assistance – social media, promotion, photography
Museum of Possibilities
We are also looking for a team of volunteers to help out on an exciting large-scale public art installation on Thursday 22 November on City Hill. Museum of Possibilities is a large scale, interactive art installation inviting the community to share their hopes and dreams for Canberra’s city centre.
For one day only, Montreal-based artists Daily Tous Les Jours will transform City Hill so that people of all ages can have their say about the future of their CBD.
We are looking for a team of volunteers to assist throughout the day from setting up to packing down and everything in between. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of DESIGN Canberra’s large-scale signature international art installation.
The roles are flexible – weekdays or weekends, days and nights, one-off or regular. No experience is necessary – just a positive attitude and an interest in being a part of Canberra’s fastest growing festival.
All DESIGN Canberra volunteers who contribute to at least 4 hours of service will receive:
- Free double pass to the festival opening party
- Free public transport to festival events
- Hands on experience and behind the scenes insights into exhibitions and festivals
- A certificate of participation to support future job applications
- The warm inner glow of supporting your local design community
The volunteer call-out closes at 12pm on Monday 8 October
If you have any questions, please contact Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org
DESIGN Canberra is the major outreach activity for Craft ACT: Craft + Design Centre — a not-for-profit membership-based organisation which supports local artists, designers and makers at every stage of their careers. The festival is delivered in collaboration with industry, associations and educational institutions committed to the design arts and creative industries in Canberra.
For updates and important information on DESIGN Canberra we recommend signing up to our newsletter or following our Facebook page. Once registered you will receive periodic updates from the DESIGN Canberra team closer to the festival.